Alumawood Combines the Beauty of Wood with the Durability and Low Maintenance of Aluminum
Not All Patio Cover Materials are Created Equal
When building an outdoor patio cover or shade structure, there are three main types of materials to choose from: wood, vinyl and aluminum. Here’s what you need to know about each:
- Wood looks great but doesn’t hold up. The wood that is harvested today is fast-grown lumber, which doesn’t stand the test of time because its fiber density is too loose. Plus, regardless of the age of the lumber, wood patio covers must be painted every few years. Wood patio covers are highly flammable; they tend to warp, crack, peel and rot; and they attract termites (especially here in Southern California).
- Vinyl is easy to maintain but looks cheap. Vinyl patio covers look like plastic. They tend to warp and fade over time, they’re not available in the range of earth tones used in residential home décor, and they can’t be painted to a more suitable color. Plus, they’re extremely expensive – often the highest cost option available.
- Alumawood™ combines the best of all worlds. Alumawood™ is a high-quality roll-formed aluminum with a richly textured wood grain finish. It comes in six popular pre-painted designer colors, is nearly maintenance-free and can be installed with up to 20 to 30 feet between posts, ensuring unobstructed views for you.
Your Alumawood™ Patio Cover Will Look Like New for Decades
There’s a reason why Alumawood™ is backed by a lifetime warranty: Alumawood™ is engineered to last a lifetime. Alumawood™:
- Is coated with a siliconized polyester paint that includes a Teflon® surface protector. This is the same type of paint that is used on sky rise buildings, and it’s been proven to last for 50 to 60 years.
- Will not warp, rot, crack or peel, is termite-proof, and repels dust, dirt, oil and stains (thanks to the Teflon® that’s in the paint).
- Cleans off with a garden hose. In fact, an annual washing is the only maintenance it requires!
- Does not burn, which is why it’s approved by most Homeowners Associations.
- Is very quiet on rainy days, in contrast to the low-quality aluminum products, which can be quite loud.
Request a Free Estimate
Find out just how affordable Alumawood™ can be. Call us at 949-233-2376 today.