Alumawood Combines the Beauty of Wood with the Durability and Low Maintenance of Aluminum
Not All Aluminum Patio Cover Materials are Made Equally.
When building an outdoor patio cover or shade structure, there are three primary materials to choose from: wood, vinyl, and aluminum. Here’s what you need to know about each:
- The wood looks great but doesn’t hold up. Wood in today’s market comes from all fast-grown trees, which doesn’t stand the test of time because its fiber density is too loose. Plus, regardless of the age of the lumber, wood patio covers must be painted every few years. Wood patio covers are highly flammable; they tend to warp, crack, peel, and rot and attract termites (especially here in Southern California).
- Vinyl is easy to maintain but looks cheap. Vinyl patio covers look like plastic, tend to warp and fade over time, are not available in the range of earth tones colors used in residential home exterior décor, and can’t be refinished to a more suitable color. Plus, they’re costly – often the highest-cost option available.
- Alumawood combines the best of all worlds. Alumawood is a high-quality roll-formed aluminum with a richly textured wood grain finish. It comes in seven popular pre-painted designer colors, is nearly maintenance-free, and can be installed with up to 20 to 30 feet between posts, ensuring unobstructed views.
Your Alumawood Patio Cover Will Look New for Decades.
There’s a reason why a lifetime warranty backs Alumawood: Alumawood is engineered to last a lifetime.
- Alumawood is coated with siliconized polyester paint, including a Teflon surface protector. The same type of paint used on sky-rise buildings has been proven to last for 50 to 60 years.
- It will not warp, rot, crack, or peel, is termite-proof, and repels dust, dirt, oil, and stains (thanks to the Teflon in the paint).
- It can be cleaned with a garden hose. Annual washing is the only maintenance it requires!
- It does not burn, which is why most Homeowners Associations approve it.
- It is tranquil on rainy days, unlike low-quality aluminum products, which can be loud.
Request a Free Estimate
Find out just how affordable Alumawood can be. Call us at 949-233-2376 today.